- Download and read the Why do people forgive? – Instructions document.
- Read the learning outcomes and then scroll down to access the learning materials.
- Please note that the lesson plans should be delivered in sequence.
2. Learning outcomes
Students will be able to:
- explain why people choose to forgive others
- describe the personal experiences of two individuals and their journeys towards forgiveness
- explain how compassion and empathy can affect people’s actions
- differentiate between cycles of revenge and forgiveness
Lesson 1: The impact of forgiveness
- To be able to explain why people choose to forgive others.
- To be able to explain the personal experience of an individual and their journey towards forgiveness.
- condone, justification, forgive, contemplation, vengeance
Mary Foley’s story:
Click on the buttons below to download Lesson 1 documents:
- To be able to explain a personal experience of forgiveness.
- To be able to explain how empathy and compassion can influence people’s actions.
- empathy, compassion
Click on the buttons below to download Lesson 2 documents:
- To be able to explain the key experiences of someone’s journey towards forgiveness.
- To be able to explain the cycles of forgiveness and revenge.
- remorse, empathy, pardon, revenge