Working with stories of lived experience – the transformative power of storytelling
Session 1: Thursday 4 February January 2021
Focuses on forgiveness and storytelling and the power of narrative to transform lives whether positively or negatively. Our attention will be on stories of forgiveness, reparation, restoration and healing. We will also look at different approaches of collecting, creating, curating and sharing stories.
1. Skills in collecting, collating and sharing stories
2. Greater understanding of concepts of forgiveness
3. How to use the creative arts when collecting and sharing stories.
Session 2: Thursday 11 February January 2021
Focuses on understanding the Trauma Healing Cycle with an emphasis on ‘Shame Resilience’ Theory and its relationship to forgiveness. There will be a specific focus on how group processes can be led that support a shame resilience informed approach.
1. An understanding of recognising and reconciling trauma
2. An understanding of Shame Resilience Theory and its application in different contexts
3. How to work within a Shame Resilience informed approach.
Session 3: Thursday 18 February 2021
Focuses on what constitutes a ‘restorative narrative’ and the methods by which you can identify, collect and share such stories. A restorative circle process will be taught and demonstrated to showcase how to facilitate reflective and/or difficult conversations.
1. An understanding of what constitutes a restorative narrative
2. Approaches to mapping a restorative narrative
3. Facilitation skills and techniques for use in circle processes.
Session 4: Thursday 18 March
Focus on how participants have contextualised their learning and practically applied this into their wok context. We will be exploring reflections and experiences particularly where challenges have arisen and revisiting particular aspects of approaches and perspectives to consolidate learning.
1. Consolidation of theory and practice within the context of your field
2. How to adapt approaches to a variety of contexts
3. Understand and identify key elements of learning that support best outcomes/impact for your clients.